Saturday, September 21, 2013

The kissing hand

I just read this book for the first time to my niece and fell in love with it. It's about a raccoon finding courage to go to school for the first time. His mother encourages him with kind words and a way to think of her whenever school gets tough. I found it very encouraging. I will use this book in my classroom for all the kids who are having a rough day. They will learn that the temporary separation from their parents while they are at school isn't the end of the world.

2 comments:

  1. You picked a great book. Every time I read it to my class the kids always want me to give them a kissing hand. And of course I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rose,
    I too have read this book with my son and he and I loved it. This is a good book to read to a child who has never been to school before or to a child who is entering a new school for the first time. The interactions between the mother and child are priceless and she does not at any time try to pamper him with excuses. She informs him of all the wonderful experiences he will have on this new journey. Great book.

    ReplyDelete